Sunday, February 20, 2005

Life On Mars

Is there life, or is there not life, on the planet Mars? That is the question these days.........

Maybe David Bowie was right all along. We're told that there are more suns in the entire Galaxy, than there are grains of sand on ALL the beaches combined on Earth. The chances are that some of the planets that these suns support, will indeed have life on them. In fact, there is a greater chance that life will exist outside of Earth, than for life NOT to exist.

But what will this do for organised religion as we know it? Can religion survive knowing that Earth is not the centre of the universe, or that the Gods that created man, in his image, is an E.T. ?????

Interesting times.

BTW, I have made a small wager with a guy in my office who declares that the chances for life to exist outside of planet earth are........ "Bullshit!".

Hmmmm. I like his argument, very compelling.

On the one hand NASA are saying that although the current evidence is not conclusive, later missions will gather more data. In other words, it's just a matter of time before they decide to tell the truth, and let us all officially know what we already have known.

I think I may have already won this bet!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd say your friend stands a good chance of losing that bet. I think it's inconceivable that life has not evolved elsewhere, perhaps in our own solar system. Right now I'd put my money on Europa if not Mars. At any rate, with organic chemistry literally showering down from the heavens, life is inevitable.

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home